Kamis, 04 Desember 2008

Sometimes…

Here, I’m gonna talk about word “sometimes” (you’ve seen the title).
We use word “sometimes” to tell someone that we don’t usually do something often. Yeah…you know what it’s like. Example :
“How often do you watch football on television in a week?”
Then you answer : “Sometimes…”
Next :
“How often do you kiss your girl/boy?”
“Sometimes, but I wish it could turn to ‘often’, hehe…”


See?
But it will be easier to say “sometimes” as an answer of a question that doesn’t show that you are a lazy people.
Ex :
“How often do you read your Biology text book?”
You answer : “Well, sometimes…” It will show the questioner that you’re not a diligent student a.k.a lazy student. And sometimes it does a bad impression of us. So, don't try this at home.

From the start, I just wanted to tell you that you have to be carefull to say “sometimes” as an answer. Examine the question first, then you can decide to answer it by saying “sometimes” or not. Don’t consider it as a simple thing or even it’s not an important thing to talk about. Because what you say, is what people think about you. I’m telling and warning you this, because it just happened to me this morning. Someone asked me this question :
“Zhi, do you often to go to the state library or not?”
“Well, only sometimes. Only when I need to find some old books to read.”
“Why ‘sometimes’? Don’t you like to read our Indonesian old literature? We could find some there.”
Hey, I said that I would like to go to the state library when I need to find some old books to read and it DOES NOT mean that I don’t like to read our Indonesian old literature. I didn’t even say that. Where the hell was his brain going to?!
So, mind your words! Because what you say, is what people think about you.

Well, yea…it probably happen only to some people. But this is my thought. Based on my experience. Yours?

_love.phobia_

2 casciscus:

Arju Ashari Risandika mengatakan...

waduh,gag paham bahasa inggris aku,no komeng ah

nugraha adi putra mengatakan...

*bengong* oh.. yes yes..